First Day Spring Semester 2017!

10:28 AM


I can't believe it's already Spring. While Fall seemed to drag, it's weird to think that we are already in 2017. Honestly, it feels like 2010 was just yesterday!

Along with every new year comes new goals and changes. I find myself facing challenges that I've turned away from for so many years, and am now now better prepared to tackle them. This Let's Go feeling hit me in the middle of Winter Break, and I found myself reading textbooks for Spring's classes ahead of time. I prepared a new organization system and redid my binder, and put together an Assignment List. I feel friggin' ready.

Even so, the first day of Spring 2017 had me in my school counselor's office. I expressed my concern with two classes that are part of my degree that may have me missing work. We discussed other options, such as registering to other schools while also attending Chaffey, where they may be better equipped to accommodate the schedule of a full time working student. I sent emails to other schools and received some replies, and will be working this strategy into my academic planning.


My first class, Observation & Assessment for Child Development, had me at a satellite campus to Chaffey in Fontana. I hadn't visited this satellite campus before, but was glad to see that it included services such as a library and counseling. The professor of this class was very lively and organized, which I appreciated. I mentally took note of some of the other older students in the class, but didn't think much of it at that time.

Thursday had me in Family, Community, & Child, another Child Development with my favorite professor, where again I noticed more non-traditional (older) students! They each had amazing stories to share as we talked and introduced ourselves. I wrote to my professor after that I was glad to see that I wasn't the only non-traditional student in attendance! I was able to bond with some of these students, and hope for a wonderful semester with them!

On Saturday I woke up early to attend Intermediate Algebra. If you've read this blog before I changed my schedule on the right hand side, you know that I attempted this class in Fall 2016. It didn't work out. The professor's teaching style and my learning style didn't mesh, and I decided to try again this semester. The professor this time around seems to be more my style, of which I am grateful.
I have quite a few assignments already done, and already have plenty planned out!

The first week was uneventful (especially in comparison to Fall 2016's first week!) but already the homework was rolling in. I had set up my Assignment List so that I wouldn't forget anything, and already it is coming in handy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images